Subscriptions and Recurring Payments 2.2.3
- Subscription period of any duration and frequency
- Trial period to lower a price barrier for subscribers
- Payments processed via external gateways
- 25 Reviews
- Docs & FAQ
It makes sense to offer subscription options for products that either constantly run out (pet food, water, toiletries, etc.) or every so often come in new editions (magazines, subscription boxes, collectibles, etc.). For one, it saves customers the inconvenience of going through the buying process again and again and, most importantly, it saves them from switching to a different store in between purchases.
Within Magento Subscriptions & Recurring Payments extension we have assembled all of the tools you’ll need to implement subscription options at your store. You are given full control over defining the period of subscription, the size of payment, and the way new functions interact with native Magento functionality.
The product or service may be set to be delivered however often for however long, or even indefinitely*, until the customer cancels the subscription himself.
Flexible starting day allows to begin Magento recurring payments either at the moment of purchase, particular day of the month, or the date specified by the customer.
Trial fee* (optional)
Specify the duration and cost of the trial period - lure the customers in with discounted prices or even by allowing free trial.
Initial fee* (optional)
Set up a starting fee - a one time payment representing the cost of signing up for the subscription service.
Iteration fee is charged to the customer every time the product or service is delivered.
No need to go through a complicated payment set up - the Subscriptions & Recurring Payments extension supports external payment gateways, namely PayPal, Authorize.Net, and eWay.
Subscription tracking and editing
Each subscription is logged within the extension creating a list in backend, allowing you to sort and manage subscriptions however you see fit. On the customer’s side subscriptions may be viewed and edited from within the customer area.
Each subscription block may be given a custom name and assigned a priority value defining its order of appearance within the frontend page.
Customer segmentation (optional)
Customers may be moved to a different customer group upon signing up for a particular subscription.
Subscription product type
This Magento subscription extension allows recurring billings for simple, downloadable, configurable, or virtual product types.
Email notifications (NEW)
Send automatic email notifications to admin or/and customer to inform about:
- new subscription
- subscription status change
- new order
- subscription period expiration
- next payment
* Available settings vary depending on the chosen payment method
|PayPal Express Checkout||Supported|
|PayPal Payments Pro (Express Checkout)||Supported|
|PayPal Payflow Link (Express Checkout)||Supported|
|PayPal Website Payments Pro (Express Checkout)||Supported|
|PayPal Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution (Express Checkout)||Supported|
** Support of specific payment methods depends on the country.
Need more payment methods? Please leave a request here
One of the best magento extension
Will just depend on the tech support for features such as "composite products" and additional payment method.
Just what we need
The module doesn't offer multiple payment methods per product so the user can only fund their subscription with either PayPal or eWay. On v1 we used PayPal as the payment processor but the user could pay by card. Our web developers were told that using PayPal would still allow users to pay by card. Actually this was incorrect. It allows the buyer to setup a PayPal account which they can fund with a card. This was pretty disingenuous advice.
As a B2B merchant offering PayPal as a sole payment method looks poor. So we tried to change to eWay to allow card payments only to find that the payment took place on page, not off page, which meant it would fail PCI compliance.
Upgrading to v2 has been a massive backwards step and has left us looking for a new module. Very poor practice removing existing functionality without highlighting the fact and leaving the user in the lurch.
fills the need
But be advised: it's not a 'no-brainer one-click' kind of product. Take your time to learn how it works. The support guys at AW are quite helpful, just in case;)
Horrible Experience with this extension
1. When subscribers update their accounts the system does not recognize the new address or credit card information. So, products are shipped to the wrong address or the credit card is repeatedly declined.
2. Subscribers have to cancel their subscription, thencreate a new subscription if they have to update information. If they've missed several months. The system will charge them for the months that lapsed since their account was canceled. I have had some customers charged 10 times for one subscription.
3. Cannot migrate subscribers from the old version to the new version.
4. Everyday I have an issue with my subscribers' accounts due to using this extension.
I'm losing subscribers because of this extension. I highly do not recommend this product.
Smart And Intuitive
Good module, but notable omissions you should be aware of
No promotions whatsoever.
Only one subscription item allowed in cart at a time.
Subscriptions can only be applied to simple products, not bundles.
These limitations may not seem essential before you install the module, but once everything is in place these omissions will become a major setback if you intend to treat the subscription products like conventional Magento products.
This extension reduced my workload by 50% and keeps all the subscriptions in order! I can at last sleep at night without fear of sudden crash of customers subscriptions. This module is extremely reliable.
Great module and support
Essential module for subsciptions
Works well with Authorize payment gateway that is included with Magento.
Better than Magento core
Outstanding Extension/Documentation Needs Updated
Allowing it to be placed from the cart, as another has pointed out, would also be a great feature.
Hope these additions can be made as its close to being an excellent product.
View Cart Page
Start-up is complicated, but using will be better
- SARP 2.2 Gets a Powerful Notification System
- Ideas for Business: The Recurring Revenue Model
- Top 10 aheadWorks Bestselling Extensions of 2013
- SARP 2.0 Operates Recurring Payments in Your Magento Store without a Hitch
- Useful Solutions to Prevent Cart Abandonment
- Payment Gateway Changes Will Influence Your Subscriptions. What to Expect?
- Subscriptions and Recurring Payments v.1.9 Is Enriched with Additional Payment Methods and Other Features
- Top-10 aheadWorks Extensions of 2012
- New Payment Methods Support in Subscriptions and Recurring Payments
- Get New Opportunities with Our Extensions Updates!
Magento Editions Compatibility:
- Community: 188.8.131.52 - 184.108.40.206
- Enterprise: 220.127.116.11 - 18.104.22.168
Tanya Poleshchuk | Customer Care Team
Got questions? Let’s talk!
I will be happy to tell you more about this extension!