- Docs & FAQ
Extension You May Be Interested In
By assigning products to different warehouses, each with their own shipping origin, the extension improves the precision of shipping costs calculations and eases order fulfillment.
The Multi-Vendor Marketplace extension for Magento introduces a dedicated Vendor area, where a seller can manage his goods, orders and view sales statistics. This area is absolutely isolated, preventing any unauthorized access to Magento original admin functionality or to other vendors' accounts.
A store admin has full access to Magento resources and can decide whether to approve new sellers' accounts and products if they are in line with the site's rules and regulations. When the supplier’s products are bought, all the payments go into Magento store and then the administrator pays the vendor according to the predefined percentage fee.
An online marketplace offers benefits for all the sides of a deal:
- customers can find varied - and often unique! - goods in one place, and have security guarantees
- vendors can focus on orders fulfillment without any need to advertise or maintain the store
- the marketplace owner can omit the actual sales part, complex logistics and items delivery, and focus on the site promotion while earning commissions from every transaction that goes through the store
- Dedicated Vendor-type accounts
- Full admin control over the vendors' activity:
- Enable and edit new accounts
- Enable and edit new products
- View sold products of specific vendor
- Intuitive interface for vendors
- Set up the look of suppliers’ dashboards:
- specify the title of the supplier tab in My Account area
- select one of the predefined header/footer of the supplier account
- Ensure security and confidentiality: a vendor can only view and manage his products and orders
- Let vendors add items to your store without any efforts:
- product name, description, price, and other parameters can be set up by a supplier
- choose product category that vendors can assign their products to
- limit the number of images for uploading per each product
- show supplier’s name on the product page
- preview option from the supplier account
- Suppliers have a quick access to revenue, average revenue per order, items sold in their account
- Suppliers can manage shipping methods and costs for their products
- Earn commissions from each order: set up percentage fee per all or individual suppliers
- Flexible email notifications:
- notify administrator about new supplier account or profile changes
- inform suppliers about product approval/new order
- inform customers if a shipment is created by a supplier
- suppliers can subscribe/unsubscribe from notifications
- email title and content are fully customizable from the backend
- Create a special supplier group and let customers enter the group during registration
- Order totals and ordered items statistics for vendor
Tanya Poleshchuk | Customer Care Team
Have questions? Let’s talk!
I will be happy to tell you more about this extension!