imagine 2016-2019 partner summit awards
Advanced Search for Magento 1
Faster search, less server load, trustworthy output
- Sphinx engine used to power store search
- Extension setup requires just a few admin settings
- Output options allow to define a search principle
- 14 Reviews
- Docs & FAQ
100 000 inventory items and 10 000 blog posts search is not a problem now!
If you run a really large Magento store, you definitely know how difficult it is for your customers to find something they require very fast. Magento Advanced Search is a perfect solution for search through Magento-based stores. This extension uses an external search engine Sphinx. If you have 10000 products in your store, Advanced Search will help your customers to find those which are required. If you have 1000 posts in your blog, it's not a problem for Advanced Search as well.
|Magento Search||Search Autocomplete||Advanced Search|
|Search type||Catalog only||Catalog only||Catalog, Blog, CMS, Knowledge Base|
|Search engine||Built-in PHP+MySQL||Built-in PHP+MySQL||Sphinx|
|Built-in lexical analyzer|
How it works
Magento Advanced Search uses Sphinx. Sphinx is an open source full text search server. This powerful search engine is used by different popular websites, such as Craigslist.org, mysql.com, joomla.org, tumblr.com, Dailymotion.com. etc.
Who uses Sphinx?
Just install Sphinx on your server, configure Advanced Search and enjoy. You won’t have to deal with complicated Sphinx configuration - Advanced Search will do everything for you.
Please note that installation service does not cover cronjob setup and/or Sphinx installation. You may need to contact your system administrator or hosting provider regarding the matter.
Easy search settings
Magento Advanced Search extension configures Sphinx for you in accordance with your settings.
Sphinx supports many different API's, PHP, Python, Java, etc. So you can easily integrate an external application to perform search over Sphinx indexes.
With Sphinx installed on dedicated server, your search becomes even faster.
Sphinx has several different ways of matching the given search keywords, which can be set in the Match Mode field. It is possible to define whether the search results will match all query words, any of the query words, a phrase with perfect match, etc.
With the help of the module, you can enhance your store search functionality with one of the following options:
- Wildcard Search - lets your visitors find the required product by part of the word, e.g. they can find “sony” by “son”.
- Morphology processing - corrects all misspelled words according to Sphinx morphology dictionary.
Configure search and index in the most appropriate way for your store
Different products are sold in different stores and they all need different attribute priority for search.
If search by manufacturer is primary in your store, just define the higher weight for corresponding attribute.
How Advanced Search differs from Search Autocomplete & Suggest
Search Autocomplete & Suggest provides customers with a dropdown of destination suggestions once they are past typing the third symbol in the search field, allowing to jump to the relevant product without going through the search results page.
Advanced Search replaces standard Magento search and brings a power of external search engine to your store.
Both these extensions can easily work together - when installed on the same website, Search Autocomplete & Suggest can use Magento Advanced Search as its search engine.
Now with Layered Navigation by aheadWorks integration.
Using the Advanced Search extension together with the below Aheadworks products, online merchants get more valuable insights.
The full-featured search engine for Magento!!!
This module is of the same type you can see on a majority of retailer websites. I appreciate that the extension has got many options to configure it. I was looking for a search extension based on Sphinx, for Magento Community edition, by luck I found this solution. I brought it and it works perfectly. I must say far better than the native search from Magento. Even if you need to tweak things, you can do it. I like its new feature of Wildcard Search as it’s very popular with my customers. We recently installed this extension due to the miserable internal Magento search function and it works great.
I use it with Search Autocomplete and the results
Great addition to any site with a lot of products
Took a little bit of tweaking to get the search rules exactly right, but Aheadworks never stopped working with us until we were happy with the results.
Great extension, great support. If you need to improve your search results this is a great extension to get.
Close to perfect
The ability to search CMS contents was a god-sent option for us, as we have quite a number of static pages at the store.
One feature that would be nice to have, though, is the ability to show Categories in search results.
A God Send for Magento
Being based on sphinx I was able to use their guides and the help of aheadworks to configure exactly what I needed and now I return 8 results for a two word search rather than 2000.
Works! after some adjustments
Simple and effective
We did have some initial problems with this extension because we use the flat category and product catalog setting. The couple of bugs we found were successfully fixed by the AW team and communication during the support process was fast and effective.
It would be nice to have some more information about how exactly this extension interacts with the Sphinx software as well as confirmation that the search extension can be used for multiple websites/stores running on the same Magento install - which it does, but we had to ask.
Also, not all Sphinx installations configure the Sphinx default port to the value specified in the installation instructions so you need someone who knows what they're doing on the server side to set the extension requirements up, otherwise it may not work straight away. However, with the correct awareness and by following the installation steps, this extension can be set up and running within half an hour. Of course, you may need to do some additional CSS to adapt the look and feel.
We like the fact that the extension is simple to configure and it handles singular vs. plural searches very well. Ie. you get similar results when you search for toaster or toasters. You can aslo set it to use boolean expressions to combine search keywords but your customers would need to be aware of the correct syntax.
The only thing it lacks is the "soundex" feature where it would suggest correct spelling but that's not supported by Sphinx itself. If you want more sophisticated options, you would need to look elsewhere (and spend more) but if you want to improve the native Magento search quickly and without much hassle, provided you can add Sphinx to your server, this is a well priced and quick solution.
Of course, a Sphinx based search requires having a Sphinx server running...
Furthermore, Magento should always be hosted on a dedicated server.
Typically Requires a Dedicated Server
Knowledge Base Search
Tanya Poleshchuk | Head of Customer Care
I will be happy to tell you more about this extension!
Advanced Search for Magento 2
The solution that makes on-site search quick and intuitive, ensured by harnessed Elasticsearch and the high relevance of provided final results.
- Relevant resultsImprove navigation and generate new sales
- Extended search functionalityIncludes products, static pages, and more
- Effective workflowTakes care and guides customers to their favorite products
- Quick responsesPowered by Elasticsearch, they make searching swift and convenient
- Advanced usabilityAllows customers to include numerous browsing and navigation options
- Close integration with MagentoEnables you to effectively use native search options and benefits
- Precise configurationAllows you to fine-tune the process and search results
- 50% off if purchased together with Layered Navigation Enhance the navigation capabilities of your store and benefit from the discount
Introducing Magento 2 Advanced Search
Advanced Search is the solution making your search box the shortest way to target products and pages relevant to any customer and his demand.
- Provided search autosuggestions;
- History of recent searches provided in popups;
- Improved results based on advanced synonym variations;
- Spelling corrections provided by the ‘Did you mean’ search functionality.
- Static pages;
- Blog posts (integration required);
- FAQs (integration required).
- Exploit the mobile-friendly interface that makes the search option great on any device;
- Have the catalog and layered navigation powered and accelerated by Elasticsearch;
- Benefit from the provided advanced index management.
- The module works with existing search term attributes and their weights making the initial configuration quick and easy;
- Searchable attributes are arranged by weights.
- The extension works with native Magento synonyms from the very moment of the installation;
- Search terms can be added to existing synonym groups in bulk;
- New synonym groups can be easily created from the search terms results page.
- As soon as Elasticsearch becomes unavailable, the store will switch to native MySQL and continue its work.
How it works
The Advanced Search extension for Magento 2 by Aheadworks makes the idea of really fast and convenient on-site search possible.
The combination of the Elasticsearch engine, autocomplete suggestions, typo corrections, and improved native Magento synonyms make the extension a powerful solution that suits businesses of any size in any domain.
As soon as a customer starts typing in the search box, he immediately receives relevant autosuggestions. The provided results can be further refined taking customers to products, CMS pages, blogs, and FAQs with no delays thanks to Elasticsearch.
The implemented usability features allow a significant improvement in the user experience, which makes the whole process convenient and straightforward.
Magento 2 Search Extension Detailed Feature List
- Elasticsearch powered functionality, including catalogs and layered navigation
- Search Autocomplete Suggestions
- Recent searches history
- Improved work with native Magento synonyms
- ‘Did you mean’ search (spelling corrections)
- Fallback to the native Magento search if Elasticsearch is down
- Magento Commerce Edition: Catalog Permissions support
- Detailed ‘General Settings’ page
- Search Autocomplete Suggestions configuration tab
- Convenient synonym groups management
- Separate ‘Index Management’ page for the extension
- Different types of indexes, incl. product, CMS, blog (Blog by Aheadworks), and FAQ (FAQ by Aheadworks) pages
- Easily added Custom Indexes
- Inheritance of native attribute weights
- Mobile-friendly interface
- Search query highlights
- Keyboard navigation support for the SAS pop-up
- 'Esc' key to close the SAS pop-up
- 'Back to Search Results' link on product pages