imagine 2016-2019 partner summit awards
Admin Product Grid for Magento 1
Save time by editing products directly from the grid
- New product attributes may be added to the grid
- Grid columns may be removed/repositioned
- Edit attributes within the grid - no reloads
- 3 Reviews
- Docs & FAQ
Managing products is one of the most time consuming routines for Magento merchants. Surprisingly, even little process optimizations can save tons of time in the long run.
The Admin Product Grid extension adds the new Manage Products (Extended) tab that provides a possibility to customize the product grid view according to your needs as well as add and edit product attributes on the fly right from the grid.
Benefits of Admin Product Grid
The benefits provided by the Admin Product Grid extension are most apparent in side-by-side comparisons of two process flows required for the product attributes editing.
The flow with Admin Product Grid requires half less steps and time to get the same result comparing to the Native Magento flow (refer to the example below for 5 product attributes editing).
Native Functionality Flow
Admin Product Grid Flow
|1. Enter the Manage Product grid||1. Enter the Manage Product grid|
2. Enter the Product Information section
3. Name Change
|2. Name Change|
4. Enter the Price section
5. Price Change
|3. Price Change|
6. Enter the Meta Information section
7. Meta Description Change
|4. Meta Description Change|
8. Enter the Description section
9. Description Change
|5. Description Change|
10. Enter the Inventory Section
11. Product Quantity Change
|6. Product Quantity Change|
|12. Save the Product|
Each online store has its own and usually very specific commercial goals that determine internal business practices. Admin Product Grid allows you to easily create the desired view of the Manage Products grid - specify the columns to be displayed, define their order, delete unnecessary columns, etc.USEFUL HINT
Additional special columns and attributes of the custom grid provide you with extra control over the product information completeness. For example, in the Thumbnail column you can easily detect the products without images or find products without categories in the Category column and so on.
Advanced Editing Control
With Admin Product Grid the process of attributes editing is constantly under your control. The module allows you to reduce the number of human errors with automatic input data validations, opportunities to make critical attributes not editable, and undo returns.
Create a Custom GridThe module allows you to create an exclusive Manage Products grid, which suites your business best of all.
- Add new product attributes (brand, color, special price, etc.);
- Add special columns: Product Thumbnails, Categories, Stock Availability, Related Products, Cross-sells and Up-sells, product created and updated dates.
- Delete default columns;
- Replace column positions within the grid;
- Enjoy the
logical columns division;
- Specify the thumbnail’s image maximum width;
- Define the maximum number of associated/related products.
All custom settings of the new Manage Products (Extended) tab are saved for each Magento admin individually considering his personal preferences and business priorities.
Directly Edit Product Attributes
The main and most advantageous functionality of the extension is the inline attributes editing available directly from the Manage Products grid. This functionality saves the time spent on unnecessary page navigations.
- Edit product attributes inline;
- Save changes without reloads (powered by AJAX).
The module supports next editable attribute types: Textfield, Textarea, Date, Dropdown, Yes/no, Multiselect.
Efficiently Control Editing
In order to avoid mistakes and unwanted attribute changes you can:
- Automatically validate attribute data, including: checking the type of input data (e.g. no text for numeric fields) and checking, if a product has a certain attribute;
- Make crucial attributes not editable;
- Undo recent changes of the grid.
Instantly Check Results
Admin Product Grid adds quick links to access products both on the frontend and backend. Now, you are able to look at the changes through the eyes of customers immediately.
Another great extension from AheadWorks with excellent support.
Tanya Poleshchuk | Head of Customer Care
I will be happy to tell you more about this extension!