To install the Magento store your system must meet the following requirements:
Magento requires a LAMP or LNMP solution stack:
- LAMP - is the Linux OS, the Apache HTTP Server, the MySQL relational database management system and the PHP programming language;
- LNMP - is the Linux OS, the Nginx Server, the MySQL relational database management system and the PHP programming language.
The solution stacks in turn are a subject to the following requirements:
1) Operating system is Linux x86-64;
2) Web Server either Apache 2.x or Nginx 1.7.x;
3) Database is MySQL 5.6 (Oracle or Percona);
4) PHP 5.4 or 5.5.
To set up HTTPS a valid SSL security certificate will be required. Please note: the self-signed SSL certificates are not supported by Magento.
As for the hardware requirements Magento store is a RAM dependent. Not that other hardware is less important, it is always recommended not to burden yourself with low end servers, but RAM is the first thing to look into when setting up Magento.
It is advised to have at least 512 MB of RAM Magento dedicated.
512 MB - should be just fine for the development store depending on the store size.
1 GB - is a good choise if you are running a small store with not that many visitors.
2 GB - when you have a couple of hundreds visitors a day will seal the deal.
2 GB+ - the store is growing and more visitors come.
Enhancing the store overall performance will make your customer's experience better. Thus saying performance = sales.
Services You May Be Interested In