most innovative extension developer
Imagine 2016-2017 Partner Summit Awards
RSS Reader for Magento 1
Current extension version: 1.2.3
Place RSS feeds on your store pages. Fully customizable with its own caching system.
- 7 Reviews
- Docs & FAQ
RSS Reader for Magento offers numerous features and options, including:
- Ability to work with numerous feeds
Create as many RSS Reader occurrences as you need!
- Full control over every option available on a “per instance” basis
You can override the default options set in the administration panel (see list of configurable options below)
- Enabled caching options
RSS Reader obtains content from a remote host and stores it in its own cache
- Ability to put RSS Reader occurrences on your pages using Magento CMS pages and blocks
For store owners, developers and designers, you won’t ever have to edit any files, as this feature can be handled through the administration panel. Need more flexibility? Not a problem! RSS Reader occurrences can be easily culled from Magento layout XML files
- Option to customize CSS and Template files*
RSS Reader uses its own CSS files and custom template. You can create as many output patterns as needed, using them on a “per instance” basis
* requires CSS and Magento templating knowledge
RSS Reader options can be easily set up from the administration panel, but if you need more flexibility, you can easily override each option on a “per instance” basis:
- Feed URL
Specifies the URL of the RSS feed to be read
- Feed title
Allows you to set up a RSS feed title that will appear above the RSS Reader content
- Articles number
Sets the number of RSS feed entries to be displayed
- Show summary
Controls the RSS feed entry content display (if your RSS feed is from a Wordpress blog, it will enable/disable article content display)
- Summary max characters
Carefully cuts off the summary text so it’s not longer than a specified number of characters without breaking up words
- Summary max words
Limits the word count in the summary text
- Show date
Enables/Disables RSS feed entry date display
- Date format
Sets a date format string (default setting is “d-m-Y H:i:s”, e.g. 04-03-2009 13:51:32)
- Enable links
Makes links from RSS feed entry titles. The links are then opened in a new window
- Enable cache
Enables or disables caching as needed
- Cache lifetime (in seconds)
Allows the user to set up a cache update period (default setting is 86,400 seconds, a.k.a. 24 hours)
Great and free!
Just a piece of advice: make sure that you are following readme carefully when installing. Believe me, it's all in there, but if you just leave compillation on (just as I did:) you'll get something to be nervous about.
Their support is great, BTW:)
Free module with numerous options!
Keep your customer interested for another minute
Given this app is free, you get one extra sales opportunity out of nowhere
A nice little app
- Ahead of the Curve: Aheadworks Brings its Extensions to Magento 2.3
- Interview with the Magestore partner: 2019 Retail Trend and Magestore’s New POS solution
- Aheadworks ConnectPOS: Seamless Shopping Experience for End-users
- Affiliate for Magento 2: Compose Any Product Suggestions and Pay for Each Campaign Sale
- Christmas Party with Aheadworks: Сatch our Snowball with 15% Off Whole Catalog
- Simple Bundle Product for Magento 2: Quick Setting and One-click Purchases
- Grasp the true value of successful post-purchase experience with the Order Success Page for Magento 2 by Aheadworks
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday: Two Superpowers Joined for your Benefit!
- Add Free Product to Cart for Magento 2 Makes your Promo Campaigns Capturing and Rewarding
- Advanced Subscription Products for Magento 2: Get Steady Profits with Flexible Subscription Options
Magento Editions Compatibility:
- Community: 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199
- Enterprise: 188.8.131.52 - 184.108.40.206
Tanya Poleshchuk | Head of Customer Care
Got questions? Let’s talk!
I will be happy to tell you more about this extension!