- 59 Reviews
- Docs & Articles
- Special Offer
The Z-Blocks Magento extension allows you to add promotional banners, advertising or other applicable information to any place of your website whenever it is required. You can easily create an unlimited number of Magento custom content blocks without any changes in template or layout files.
Each block can be scheduled and appear automatically according to different conditions: date & time, customer group, product/category page, store view, etc. Due to the integration with Market Segmentation Suite, you can manage blocks displaying based on customers’ buying behavior, interests, or any other segmentation criteria.
“Finally powerful extension for marketing!!! At first I was not so amazed with MSS as alone ext. But as I started to investigate the Z-Block I realize that everything I can imagine in 5 minutes I can do on the site with it.
Z-Block alone is also quite powerful. No need for MSS additionally. But with it - it's a marketing bomb! Great job...”
With the Z-Blocks Magento module, you can display blocks at the appropriate place and time. In a couple of clicks you can make:
- new products banners appear randomly above the main menu
- info about discounts displayed in customer account area
- holiday congratulation shown at different stores/languages
- Z-Blocks widget
Place your promotional, advertising or any other block only on the X product page, in any tab of My Account page, on any stage of the checkout process, on the Contact Us page, and many other pages.
- Ten (10) predefined block positions on each page
Z-Blocks offers 8 main blocks with three visibility levels (general, catalog, product) and 2 additional blocks.
See below for specific block information.
- A powerful block view scheduler
You can set blocks to appear from, to or between specific dates or times. In addition, you can schedule blocks to appear on a wide variety of dates (e.g., odd days, on Tuesdays, on the 25th of each month, etc.) And the most exciting aspect of this feature is that the conditions can be combined for ultra-flexibility!
See the use cases we’ve prepared to find out how flexible Z-Blocks’ scheduler really is!
- Rotation of independent items inside each block
Users of this Custom Content Magento extension can set the rotation of content items inside each specific block.
Note: This is a more convenient, user-friendly implementation of the Ad Rotator functionality found in previous versions
The three rotation modes are:
- show all (shows all items in the block, which makes it great for debugging and/or designing an ad campaign)*
- rotate one-by-one (shows blocks one-by-one starting with the first one)
- show random (shows items randomly)
“show all” is the default mode
Flexible management of each block displaying
- Per-category and per-store views
Set different blocks for different stores/languages with Z-Blocks. Make blocks appear for custom categories or only on product pages. (The visibility of each block is determined by the “show only category selected and all of its children” rule. This is especially useful when making a promo of specific products that are relatively specialized)
- Specify z-blocks displaying for different customer groups
The Z-Blocks Magento extension now can be used as a powerful target marketing tool – build your marketing strategy more purposefully by showing different blocks for different groups of customers.
- Enable/disable z-block for CMS pages
You can choose whether to display Magento custom content blocks on static pages.
- Place any block in any position by easily changing the CMS page layout
Any blocks can be placed anywhere by changing the template of the corresponding CMS page. This means you can invent as many custom positions as you’d like for any number of blocks.
- Filter product attributes to place each block on certain product pages
Create rules to specify the product pages where blocks will be displayed.
- An unlimited number of blocks inside each position
Easy and fast block content creating:
- WYSIWYG editor
Create rich HTML content without extra efforts and extensive knowledge.
- Specify classes for any HTML element of the block
You can define the name of a class for Z-Blocks’ HTML element and specify its attributes.
- Native Magento widgets and variables support
Now you can use a large list of variables and get certain data inserted automatically within your z-blocks. With widgets support every non-technical administrator of your website can add new, recently compared, recently viewed product lists to the z-block content and insert links to categories or CMS pages.
- Block item inclusion of any content that Magento CMS supports
- An unlimited number of content items inside each block
And much more…
- Block and item enabling/disabling
Place your blocks in any predefined or custom places. You can then disable blocks (or single items inside the blocks) as needed by setting their status option to “disabled”, thus preventing them from being shown (or vice versa).
- Customizable block and item sorting
The order of your block’s appearance is determined by the “sort order” attribute.
- The addition of a new GUI
Z-Blocks module has its own GUI available from CMS!
Predefined Block Position Information
- Menu-Top (block displayed above the main menu)
- Menu-Bottom (block displayed under the main menu)
- Sidebar-Left-Top (block displayed at top of left sidebar)
- Sidebar-Left-Bottom (block displayed at bottom of left sidebar)
- Content-Top (block displayed above content part)
- Sidebar-Right-Top (block displayed at top of right sidebar)
- Sidebar-Right-Bottom (block displayed at bottom of right sidebar)
- Page-Bottom (block displayed at end of page)
Catalog & Product Page Blocks
Catalog Page Only Blocks
Product Page Only Blocks
In the customer’s area, this special block is located above the content. This means you can place content in this block that is intended for store users only (e.g., news, announcements, advertisements).
Note that in the customers’ area, the sidebar-left-top block is located lower than the user’s menu.
This special block is on the cart’s and check-out’s pages instead of the main block.
The following Magento Z-Blocks features are demonstrated in the Use Cases:
- Authority/security seal at the best place
- static HTML content displaying on all pages
- Support service phone number is shown in working hours only
- date and time scheduling
- Curious facts
- displaying predefined content items randomly
- Congratulate your customers with national holidays
- per-store block displaying
- HTML content
- specified displaying interval
- Info about upcoming events
- exact day scheduling
- displaying at the selected category
The module is integrated with the following Magento extensions by aheadWorks:
Useful for quick messages
Makes the website look as if it is constantly fresh.
Really flexible extension
Sooo much better!
Block scheduling is just one killer feature - I now only spend one day a month to set up the banners, as opposed to several hours a day I used to waste on switching things on and off.
A+ solution for anyone!
Static Blocks on Steriods
Now we show banners to the right audience at the right time
Saves TONS of time
Bottom line: a VERY useful extension, worth every penny
Recommended if you need to place items such as banners, adverts in certain places easily on your site.
Great to create custom placements
Flexability and ease of use.
Use this and market segmentation!
Easy to change contents
Simple and Easy
On en reviens vite aux bonnes vieilles méthodes.
Mais pour débuter dans Magento, il peut aider.
Easy and powerfull
The only thing im missing is a option window to choose specific cms pages. However there is a manual which explains how to add the blocks to a specific cms page. I guess there is just a technical limitation from magento's side
Now we are talking!
Now we are talking something!
Z-Block alone is also quite powerfull. No need for MSS additionally. But with it - it's a marketing bomb! Great job...
A must have for every magento shop
good cms enhancment
Facilitated my life
Simplifies a lot of task
Excellent and now supports widgets
Must have extension!
This is one of the best extensions I got as it brings so much flexibility to magento. The best of all, easy install and the support is great!
THE must have extension for Magento
Z-Blocks is awesome!
3rd Extension and it keeps on growing!
A sigh of relief
Beautiful Extension - Immense Possibilities
Easy to install
Z-Blocks is the Biz...
As with every extension from aheadWorks, it's easy to install and setup, and allows you the freedom to adjust your store by adding banners and any other content, without the need to edit any .phtml files or xml layout files.
Another excellent job!
This extension is invaluable!
Z Blocks adds immense amounts of functionality to your site especially if coupled with the Market Segmentation Suite. It was easy to install and makes adding banners to sidebars especially easy.
The only feature I would request for this extension would be the ability to show blocks only on specific product pages by SKU.
Simplifys Layouts and Saves Time - A Great Extension
Simplifys Layouts and Saves Time - A Great Extension
Great extension, world class service
The support is outstanding. Fast and helpful.
Brilliant job, gentlemen.
Will save mecountless hours - Great work Aheadworks!
What a great decision, it is so simple to use and very powerful indeed! I was able to add several static blocks within an hour and has certainly improved the quality of my site!
There was an issue with the initial download as I was not given the most up-to-date version. However, a quick email to Aheadworks and it was fixed same day.
Great work, will be back for more...
Get it before you competitor
All round Number 1
Best of all is that their customer support is outstanding.
Thank You Aheadworks
Version 2.0 is awesome!
Save yourself hours of custom programming.
We use it on Firewalls.com to display much of our call-to-action boxes on the right hand column.
Highly recommended for ANY Magento install.
Best extension I ever bought
Very useful extension
A must have extention for your Magento Installation
Knowledge Base Articles
- Refreshing block without page reload
- Setting up a specific block to each category
- Is it possible to hide z-block on a sub-category page?
- Is it possible to customize the z-block?
- Displaying z-blocks to customer groups
- Blocks rotation
- Custom position
- Converting images into blocks
- Z-block on the Cart page
- Z-Blocks. Directions of the Efficient Use
- More Security for Your Emails and Improved Positioning of Static Blocks. Welcome Advanced Newsletter and Z-Blocks Updates
- Market Segmentation Suite Provides Functionality for Advanced Targeting of Custom Static Blocks
- Take advantage of new opportunities with our updated extensions!
- Divide and conquer with the newest versions of our Magento extensions
- Welcome new versions of top aheadWorks extensions
- Create an unlimited number of static blocks with Z-Blocks v.2.2.4
- Z-Blocks 2.2.3 – now with widgets and variables support
- Z-Blocks 2.2.2 released
- Z-Blocks – now with Market Segmentation Suite integration!
Magento Editions Compatibility:
- Community: 126.96.36.199 - 188.8.131.52
- Enterprise: 184.108.40.206 -220.127.116.11