- Community Edition
- Enterprise Edition
- 61 Reviews
- Docs & Articles
Seeking for a powerful solution to manage, display, and target promotional banners in a couple of clicks? The Z-Blocks functionality covers these needs and allows you to insert content blocks with any applicable information at an appropriate place and time.
With the Magento blocks extension, you can create an unlimited number of Magento custom blocks without any changes in template or layout files. To enhance the relevance of the content displayed to visitors, each Magento static block can be scheduled and displayed automatically basing on the variety of filters - date & time, customer group, product/category page, store view, and many other conditions.
You can strongly empower the usability of the extension with the Market Segmentation Suite integration. Firstly, you can precisely segment your customers based on a number of criteria such as buying behavior, interests, etc.; secondly, apply a filter to show z-blocks content to highly targeted audience - your predefined customer segment.
Integration with One Step Checkout allows you to apply z-blocks to the one step checkout page. Give product/purchase recommendation, add “motivation” campaigns, encourage customers for further purchases with relevant z-blocks content right at the moment of buying.
- Create an unlimited number of content blocks
Add as many content blocks as you wish and populate each block with independent content items. You can add any HTML, images, widgets, flash, video, plain text, table to each block item.
- Place blocks in any position on the website
Choose any block position of 10 predefined for each page or create a custom position that you need via inserting the block widget.
- Configure the display mode of content items
Choose the way how content items of each block will be displayed in your store:
- show all (items are displayed altogether)
- rotate one-by-one (items are shown one-by-one starting with the first one)
- show random (items are rotated randomly)
- show in a slider (items are displayed within a specified interval)(NEW!)
- Schedule z-block appearing
Make the precised schedule for your content blocks with an opportunity to choose dates by different criteria (odd days, on Tuesdays, on the 25th of each month, etc.) and define custom intervals - from, to or between specific dates. Combine these options for even more flexibility.
- Display z-blocks for different customer groups
Decide which blocks or content items should be shown for chosen customer groups.
- Enable z-blocks according to visitor traffic source(NEW!)
Display a block only to visitors that were redirected to the page from a specific URL. For example, you can enhance customer loyalty via showing a block with a special coupon code to all clients that came from specific social networks.
- Set up flexible conditions for block appearing
Set up variety of product conditions to place each block on certain product pages. When conditions meet, the block is added to the specified place.
Flexible settings to ease blocks creation:
- WYSIWYG editor
Create rich HTML content without extra efforts and extensive knowledge.
- Per-store and Per-category views
Use Z-Blocks extension to control where a block will appear. Make blocks appear for custom categories or only on product pages. Set different stores and languages per each blocks or content item to show z-block to proper audience.
- Customizable block and item sorting
Determine the order of items to be displayed within the block to visitors by the "sort order" attribute.
- Manage Content Items as a mass action(NEW!)
Change status and delete block items as a mass action in a bulk directly from the Content Manager grid.
- Duplicated blocks(NEW!)
Save your time on creating blocks with almost identical options. Just copy a block and change required options instead of adding each block separately from the very beginning.
- And much more... check our User manual
The following Magento Z-Blocks features are demonstrated in the Use Cases:
- How to add static HTML content on all pages
- How to schedule block displaying at specific days and time
- How to display predefined content items randomly
- How to show a block on specific store
- How to display the block at the selected category
What’s new in version 2.5.0:
- Rotate the Z-Blocks content using AJAX
- Target blocks to certain referral visitors
- Specify display settings for content items
- Create duplicated blocks on the fly
- Delete or edit content items as a mass action
Integration with other aW extensions
Using the Z-Blocks extension together with the below aW products opens extra possibilities.
Thank you AW Team
Handy and easy to use
Useful for quick messages
Makes the website look as if it is constantly fresh.
Really flexible extension
Sooo much better!
Block scheduling is just one killer feature - I now only spend one day a month to set up the banners, as opposed to several hours a day I used to waste on switching things on and off.
A+ solution for anyone!
Static Blocks on Steriods
Now we show banners to the right audience at the right time
Saves TONS of time
Bottom line: a VERY useful extension, worth every penny
Recommended if you need to place items such as banners, adverts in certain places easily on your site.
Great to create custom placements
Flexability and ease of use.
Use this and market segmentation!
Easy to change contents
Simple and Easy
On en reviens vite aux bonnes vieilles méthodes.
Mais pour débuter dans Magento, il peut aider.
Easy and powerfull
The only thing im missing is a option window to choose specific cms pages. However there is a manual which explains how to add the blocks to a specific cms page. I guess there is just a technical limitation from magento's side
Now we are talking!
Now we are talking something!
Z-Block alone is also quite powerfull. No need for MSS additionally. But with it - it's a marketing bomb! Great job...
A must have for every magento shop
good cms enhancment
Facilitated my life
Simplifies a lot of task
Excellent and now supports widgets
Must have extension!
This is one of the best extensions I got as it brings so much flexibility to magento. The best of all, easy install and the support is great!
THE must have extension for Magento
Z-Blocks is awesome!
3rd Extension and it keeps on growing!
A sigh of relief
Beautiful Extension - Immense Possibilities
Easy to install
Z-Blocks is the Biz...
As with every extension from aheadWorks, it's easy to install and setup, and allows you the freedom to adjust your store by adding banners and any other content, without the need to edit any .phtml files or xml layout files.
Another excellent job!
This extension is invaluable!
Z Blocks adds immense amounts of functionality to your site especially if coupled with the Market Segmentation Suite. It was easy to install and makes adding banners to sidebars especially easy.
The only feature I would request for this extension would be the ability to show blocks only on specific product pages by SKU.
Simplifys Layouts and Saves Time - A Great Extension
Simplifys Layouts and Saves Time - A Great Extension
Great extension, world class service
The support is outstanding. Fast and helpful.
Brilliant job, gentlemen.
Will save mecountless hours - Great work Aheadworks!
What a great decision, it is so simple to use and very powerful indeed! I was able to add several static blocks within an hour and has certainly improved the quality of my site!
There was an issue with the initial download as I was not given the most up-to-date version. However, a quick email to Aheadworks and it was fixed same day.
Great work, will be back for more...
Get it before you competitor
All round Number 1
Best of all is that their customer support is outstanding.
Thank You Aheadworks
Version 2.0 is awesome!
Save yourself hours of custom programming.
We use it on Firewalls.com to display much of our call-to-action boxes on the right hand column.
Highly recommended for ANY Magento install.
Best extension I ever bought
Very useful extension
A must have extention for your Magento Installation
Knowledge Base Articles
- I don't see the zblock after inserting the code into my CMS page/block
- Refreshing block without page reload
- Setting up a specific block to each category
- Is it possible to hide z-block on a sub-category page?
- Is it possible to customize the z-block?
- Displaying z-blocks to customer groups
- Blocks rotation
- Custom position
- Converting images into blocks
- Z-block on the Cart page
- Z-Blocks Update: Yet More Functionality and Usability + AJAX
- Z-Blocks. Directions of the Efficient Use
- More Security for Your Emails and Improved Positioning of Static Blocks. Welcome Advanced Newsletter and Z-Blocks Updates
- Market Segmentation Suite Provides Functionality for Advanced Targeting of Custom Static Blocks
- Take advantage of new opportunities with our updated extensions!
- Divide and conquer with the newest versions of our Magento extensions
- Welcome new versions of top aheadWorks extensions
- Create an unlimited number of static blocks with Z-Blocks v.2.2.4
- Z-Blocks 2.2.3 – now with widgets and variables support
- Z-Blocks 2.2.2 released
Magento Editions Compatibility:
- Community: 18.104.22.168 - 22.214.171.124
- Enterprise: 126.96.36.199 -188.8.131.52