From the administrator side, it adds "Video" tab where HTML code of the video can be input. After adding a video the movie would appear in "Additional information" of the product.
Clear the store cache under var/cache and all cookies for your store domain. This step eliminates almost all potential problems. It's necessary since Magento uses cache heavily.
- Backup your store database and web directory
- Extract the contents of the archive on your computer and navigate inside the extracted AW_Aheadvideo-X.X folder
- Using your FTP client upload 'app' directory to your store root. This would not overwrite any files, just add the extension to its folder
That's all, the installation is complete now. You can proceed to the Configuration section.
To add a video to a product:
- Navigate to
- Paste embed-code of your video (the HTML code) in the Video box and save the product
The video would be visible in additional information of the product page.
Since Magento does not give ability to handle automatic uninstall for its modules, you need to run the following query on your database manually: DELETE FROM eav_attribute WHERE attribute_code = 'aw_video'; This will delete the extension attributes from the database. After that, you can safely remove the extension files from your store.
- Easy 2-minute installation
- 100% open-source
- Meets Magento programming practices
- Free upgrades during support period
- Worked in Magento 188.8.131.52 CE perfectly....
- works in 184.108.40.206 for me in modern theme. Thxs a lot from berlin. c--
Very helpful module for adding product related videos.
Exactly what our client was looking for.
Once again you save the day! :-)
- i like the plugin .. it should be in magento box. but thanks for this
I use Magento ver. 1.4 working perfect without any script just extract the zip file
- Step-1.zip extract in root
- Step-2.zip extract in root again
- Navigate to Admin > Attribute > Manage Attribute > Edit aw_video > Properties >
- Enable WYSIWYG [YES]
- Visible on Product View Page on Front-end [YES]
- Save Attribute
- Navigate to Admin > Manage products > Edit a product > Video
- Paste embed-code of your video (the HTML code) in the Video box and save the product.
Refresh Your Browser
- Thanks to Gregg for the info
- works perfect on 220.127.116.11 with no coding modification. FTP the app directory to your website and that is all that is needed to install module. IMPORTANT: the directions don't tell you once installed to go to your Administration console, Catalog>Attributes>Manage Attributes and select the AW_video attribute then enable WYSIWYG and also select yes checkbox for visible on front end. You can also edit from there what you want it to say in the additional information on the front end ie: video or movie, or video information. Use your WYSIWYG console and add a video. Make sure when uploading a video you make or give it a directory or it will not save it properly and Magento won't know where to find your video and gives a // in the file location path. Hope this saves someone some installation headaches!
- Very good extension. Works perfectly in Magento 18.104.22.168. Do you plan an update for Magento 22.214.171.124?
- No issues with installation. Had it going in under a minute.
- A wonderful extension! Thank you very much for sharing!
I just wanna say tnx a mill.
Easy to install, works right away. fantastic
- Works perfect on 126.96.36.199, thanks for your great work.
I think so: easy to install and it works great!
Thank you so much
- easy to install and it worked great!