Subscriptions and Recurring Payments
- Community Edition
- Enterprise Edition
- 22 Reviews
- Docs & Articles
It makes sense to offer subscription options for products that either constantly run out (pet food, water, toiletries, etc.) or every so often come in new editions (magazines, subscription boxes, collectibles, etc.). For one, it saves customers the inconvenience of going through the buying process again and again and, most importantly, it saves them from switching to a different store in between purchases.
Within Magento Subscriptions & Recurring Payments extension we have assembled all of the tools you’ll need to implement subscription options at your store. You are given full control over defining the period of subscription, the size of payment, and the way new functions interact with native Magento functionality.
The product or service may be set to be delivered however often for however long, or even indefinitely*, until the customer cancels the recurring order himself.
Flexible starting date allows to begin subscription either at the moment of purchase, particular day of the month, or the date specified by the customer.
Trial fee* (optional)
Specify the duration and cost of the trial period- lure the customers in with discounted prices or even by allowing free trial.
Initial fee* (optional)
Set up an initial fee - a one time payment representing the cost of signing up for the subscription service.
Iteration fee is charged to the customer every time the product or service is delivered.
No need to go through a complicated payment set up - the Subscriptions & Recurring Payments extension supports external payment gateways, namely PayPal, Authorize.Net, and eWay.
Subscription tracking and editing
Each subscription is logged within the extension creating a list in backend, allowing you to sort and manage subscriptions however you see fit. On the customer’s side subscriptions may be viewed and edited from within the customer area.
Each subscription block may be given a custom name and assigned a priority value defining its order of appearance within the frontend page.
Customer segmentation (optional)
Customers may be moved to a different customer group upon signing up for a particular subscription.
Subscription product type
The extension allows subscriptions to simple, downloadable, configurable, or virtual product types.
* Available settings vary depending on the chosen payment method
|PayPal Express Checkout||Supported|
|PayPal Payments Pro (Express Checkout)||Supported|
|PayPal Payflow Link (Express Checkout)||Supported|
|PayPal Website Payments Pro (Express Checkout)||Supported|
|PayPal Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution (Express Checkout)||Supported|
** Support of specific payment methods depends on the country.
Need more payment methods? Please leave a request here
fills the need
But be advised: it's not a 'no-brainer one-click' kind of product. Take your time to learn how it works. The support guys at AW are quite helpful, just in case;)
Horrible Experience with this extension
1. When subscribers update their accounts the system does not recognize the new address or credit card information. So, products are shipped to the wrong address or the credit card is repeatedly declined.
2. Subscribers have to cancel their subscription, thencreate a new subscription if they have to update information. If they've missed several months. The system will charge them for the months that lapsed since their account was canceled. I have had some customers charged 10 times for one subscription.
3. Cannot migrate subscribers from the old version to the new version.
4. Everyday I have an issue with my subscribers' accounts due to using this extension.
I'm losing subscribers because of this extension. I highly do not recommend this product.
Smart And Intuitive
Good module, but notable omissions you should be aware of
No promotions whatsoever.
Only one subscription item allowed in cart at a time.
Subscriptions can only be applied to simple products, not bundles.
These limitations may not seem essential before you install the module, but once everything is in place these omissions will become a major setback if you intend to treat the subscription products like conventional Magento products.
This extension reduced my workload by 50% and keeps all the subscriptions in order! I can at last sleep at night without fear of sudden crash of customers subscriptions. This module is extremely reliable.
Great module and support
Essential module for subsciptions
Works well with Authorize payment gateway that is included with Magento.
Better than Magento core
Outstanding Extension/Documentation Needs Updated
Allowing it to be placed from the cart, as another has pointed out, would also be a great feature.
Hope these additions can be made as its close to being an excellent product.
View Cart Page
Start-up is complicated, but using will be better
Knowledge Base Articles
- Migrating from SARP 1.X to SARP 2.X branch
- Does the extension allow purchasing multiple items in one order?
- Custom Payment Methods
- Does the extension create an order when a customer subscribes to a product?
- Why does Magento show Zero Totals when a customer subscribes?
- Subscription period restrictions with Authorize.Net payments
- Can I switch between Payment Engines for the same site?
- How does the SARP extension interact with Magento Affiliate?
- Is it possible to subscribe a customer to a product from backend?
- Duplicate subscriptions with Authorize.Net engine
- New Coupon Code Generator: Magento Coupons in a Few Clicks
- Ecommerce Solutions for B2B
- Design of Magento Stores
- Magento 2 Extensions: Our View
- aheadWorks on Shopify
- Meet Magento Vietnam 2015: Responsible Contribution to the Community
- Digital Marketing Focus Points 2015
- Magento 2 Demo
- Magento Future Development (Educated Guess)
- MagentoLive UK 2015: Presentations Overview
Magento Editions Compatibility:
- Community: 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199
- Enterprise: 188.8.131.52 -184.108.40.206