Subscriptions and Recurring Payments
- Community Edition
- Enterprise Edition
- 20 Reviews
- Docs & Articles
The Subscriptions and Recurring Payments Magento extension is an indispensable tool for those who want to sell products that are purchased with certain regularity: magazines, software licenses, or products like grocery, bottled water, memberships, pills, detergents, etc.
You can continue to sell these products as an one-off sale or offer them on a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly subscription basis with any duration. The module supports PayPal, Authorize.Net, and eWay which allow you to process auto-created future payments securely on the gateway’s side.
Sell products on a subscription basis in your store
Offer subscription and one-off sale options for your products
Let customers switch over to subscribing for your product for specific period instead of making single purchases. Since version 2.X of the module, you can add subscription periods to products of simple, downloadable, configurable, or virtual type.
Process payments securely
All Magento recurring payments are processed on the gateway’s side and don’t require any additional efforts from you. The Subscriptions and Recurring Payments Magento extension supports PayPal, Authorize.Net, eWay to accept recurring billing payments.
Track all subscriptions in your store
Both you and your customers have a possibility to track all created Magento subscriptions. Customers can check the status and periodicity, get updates, suspend or even cancel subscriptions in account area. You can view all subscribers of specific period, date of payments, start date, profile status, etc.
Motivate clients to subscriptions instead of single purchases
Set up subscription period price
Make subscriptions for a longer period much cheaper and profitable for customers than single purchases.
Offer free trial period*
You can adjust free trial or define the price different from the ordinary subscription price in order to let your customers find out how your product looks like and make a decision regarding further subscriptions.
Change customer group according to Magento subscription
The module allows you to change customer group basing on subscription preferences. It’s a great feature for organizing subscribers in your user base for customer segmentation and targeted communication.
Provide infinite subscription*
Let customers subscribe to any product once and receive the delivery forever and save their time on making the same purchases over and over again.
Manage parameters of subscription periods seamlessly
Define duration of subscription period and recurrence number*
With the help of the module, you can offer subscription for any required period with a daily, weekly, semi-monthly, monthly, yearly periodicity. For example, you can sell a magazine subscription for one year with a weekly periodicity or coffee delivery each three weeks.
Specify the look of each subscription period
The Magento Subscription extension allows you to set up name for each subscription type and define the sequence of its displaying in the frontend.
Create unique subscriptions for each website
With the help of the module, you can create required subscriptions for specific websites.
Set up initial fee*
The module allows you to enable starting fee for any subscription.
Configure subscription start day*
You can define when the payments will start for each subscription type. It can be:
- defined by customer
- moment of purchase
- last day of current month
- exact day of month
* Available settings vary depending on the chosen payment method
|PayPal Express Checkout||Supported|
|PayPal Payments Pro (Express Checkout)||Supported|
|PayPal Payflow Link (Express Checkout)||Supported|
|PayPal Website Payments Pro (Express Checkout)||Supported|
|PayPal Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution (Express Checkout)||Supported|
** Support of specific payment methods depends on the country.
Need more payment methods? Please leave a request here
But be advised: it's not a 'no-brainer one-click' kind of product. Take your time to learn how it works. The support guys at AW are quite helpful, just in case;)
Horrible Experience with this extension
1. When subscribers update their accounts the system does not recognize the new address or credit card information. So, products are shipped to the wrong address or the credit card is repeatedly declined.
2. Subscribers have to cancel their subscription, thencreate a new subscription if they have to update information. If they've missed several months. The system will charge them for the months that lapsed since their account was canceled. I have had some customers charged 10 times for one subscription.
3. Cannot migrate subscribers from the old version to the new version.
4. Everyday I have an issue with my subscribers' accounts due to using this extension.
I'm losing subscribers because of this extension. I highly do not recommend this product.
Smart And Intuitive
Good module, but notable omissions you should be aware of
No promotions whatsoever.
Only one subscription item allowed in cart at a time.
Subscriptions can only be applied to simple products, not bundles.
These limitations may not seem essential before you install the module, but once everything is in place these omissions will become a major setback if you intend to treat the subscription products like conventional Magento products.
This extension reduced my workload by 50% and keeps all the subscriptions in order! I can at last sleep at night without fear of sudden crash of customers subscriptions. This module is extremely reliable.
Great module and support
Essential module for subsciptions
Works well with Authorize payment gateway that is included with Magento.
Better than Magento core
Outstanding Extension/Documentation Needs Updated
Allowing it to be placed from the cart, as another has pointed out, would also be a great feature.
Hope these additions can be made as its close to being an excellent product.
View Cart Page
Start-up is complicated, but using will be better
Knowledge Base Articles
- Migrating from SARP 1.X to SARP 2.X branch
- Does the extension allow purchasing multiple items in one order?
- Custom Payment Methods
- Does the extension create an order when a customer subscribes to a product?
- Why does Magento show Zero Totals when a customer subscribes?
- Subscription period restrictions with Authorize.Net payments
- Can I switch between Payment Engines for the same site?
- How does the SARP extension interact with Magento Affiliate?
- Is it possible to subscribe a customer to a product from backend?
- Duplicate subscriptions with Authorize.Net engine
- Top 10 aheadWorks Bestselling Extensions of 2013
- SARP 2.0 Operates Recurring Payments in Your Magento Store without a Hitch
- Useful Solutions to Prevent Cart Abandonment
- Payment Gateway Changes Will Influence Your Subscriptions. What to Expect?
- Subscriptions and Recurring Payments v.1.9 Is Enriched with Additional Payment Methods and Other Features
- Top-10 aheadWorks Extensions of 2012
- New Payment Methods Support in Subscriptions and Recurring Payments
- Get New Opportunities with Our Extensions Updates!
- Subscriptions and Recurring Payments – Updated User Guide!
- Get the most out of your Magento Store with these Extensions Updates
Magento Editions Compatibility:
- Community: 18.104.22.168 - 22.214.171.124
- Enterprise: 126.96.36.199 -188.8.131.52