Pricing is probably the most important issue in marketing strategy. In the pursuit of profit, an underprice is rather widespread and it is hard enough to keep your own prices always competitive and up-to-date. With the Price Match extension you can provide your clients with the hottest discounts and lowest prices at just the right time.
Just place a special “Price Match” button on the product page and let your customers inform you about lower prices on the same items in other web-stores. Beat any advertised prices right away!
The flexible Price Match settings allow configuring this Magento extension in the most appropriate for your store way. You can easily specify whether the Price Match form will appear in the popup window, will be opened in a new page, or will be represented as a custom form.
Before the Price Match form (as well as after it) you can specify the text like “If you find a lower price on any our product, we will match the price and get back the difference” or “Found lower price? Tell us and get it cheaper!” etc.
The Price Match form (a request) filled in by your store visitors provides all the necessary information for a web-store administrator:
- Name and email address
- Product name
- Competitor's product link and competitor's price
- Requested price
- General information field
Both you and your customers can always check the given information. Moreover, you can filter Price Match requests by a definite product and immediately analyze the quantity of the requests, your competitors’ prices, and finally the necessity of this product price lowering.
Each request shows you the difference between competitor’s/requested price and the current one what helps you to decide whether to approve the request or not.
With the Price Match extension, price lowering is very simple and depends on the requester. After the administrator approves the Price Match request, an email with a discount coupon code is sent to the guest or special price of the required product becomes available for the registered customer in the frontend.
The Price Match extension allows sending email notifications to administrator and\or customers about the price match request submission and status, so you'll never slip the chance to outgo your business rivals.
Now with the Facebook Link Magento module integration!
- Easy 2-minute installation
- 100% open-source
- Meets Magento programming practices
- Free upgrades during support period
After spending some time trying to find out how the customer can buy the product after he/she has informed the store owner of a competitors price, i realise this is not part of the extension.!
The extension defiantly needs a way to allow the store owner to accept the customer price and then automatically email the customer a (buy now) link allowing them to make the purchase directly at the price match agreed price.
I had a module just like this, worked just the same way and we found people used it which was great, but managing those price matches was hard. What i would like to see is 2 buttons in the admin section. the 1st you can choose to update the price on the website to the pricematched price and it sends a customer an email to the page saying you can buy it now as the price has been updated, the 2nd button doesnt update the price on the website but creates a voucher code to reduce the price of that item when purchased using the registered email address. Oh and maybe a third to say "sorry no can do" but we could offer you xx price.
I have several aheadworks modules and think they are solid, intuitive and very helpful.
Excellent extension! Works exactly as described and as it should.
Works on Magento 18.104.22.168
I'm always leery of adding new extensions because I'm afraid that it will break something and blow up my entire Magento store that I've spent years developing. Aheadworks does their homework, though. Followed the directions closely and it works perfectly. Thank you.
- Works as described. The installation instructions are clear and by following them I was able to have everything, including notification emails, working properly. One thing that would make this better is captcha - right now the price match form is vulnerable to bots.
- Does what is expected, read reviews in advance, had an issue with email notifications and contacted supported. Prompt response and turned out to be a simple oversight on my part.
To be able to email a custom link so that the customer can purchase at a lower price AFTER HOURS would certainly be great.
But DURING BUSINESS HOURS, I would love for a way to CHAT with the customer and send the custom price link through CHAT so they can continue shopping immediately!
- Thanks everybody for your proposals. We see what you need and we’ve added this feature to our roadmap. It will be implemented in the future updates.
- I also agree with Drew. Being able to either 1) create a special one time price for the customer or 2) easily email the customer a unique coupon code would be ideal.
- I agree with Drew totally!!! Is this something that has been implemented? This is such a huge thing, this would be a huge benefit to our business!
- Agree with you Drew. Nice, but could be way better with that functionality. Then it would be a dream come true!
Nice -- but it should allow for a one-time editing of the price of the product such that you can actually match the request. Maybe send the customer a special link through which they can buy. As it is now, we have to edit the product price, tell the customer, let them buy it, then edit it back to what it was.
Either that or even easier: generate a coupon that makes up the difference in price or beats the price between our site and the competitors and sends that single-use coupon to the customer.