Important note for users of Subscriptions and Recurring Payments v.1.X: version 1.X and 2.X are not compatible.
The Subscriptions and Recurring Payments Magento extension suits you if you sell products that are purchased with certain regularity: magazines, software licenses, or products like grocery, bottled water, memberships, pills, detergents, etc.
You can continue to sell these products as a one-off sale; but your customers can opt to buy a subscription if they wish - and they can do it right from your online store.
The module allows you to sell products on a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly subscription basis with any duration. Offer a magazine subscription for one year with a weekly periodicity or coffee delivery each three weeks. Prices of subscription intervals can also vary from each other and you can set them up in the way you like: e. g. motivate customers to subscribe for a longer period by making this kind of subscription cheaper and thus more profitable for them.
With the Subscriptions and Recurring Payments extension for Magento, you can move customers to specific groups upon subscribing. Groups are a great feature for organizing subscribers in your user base for customer segmentation and targeted communication.
As soon as a customer subscribes to any item, he/she pays once for the subscription product. All future payments will be created automatically according to recurring profile settings. You can schedule the start day of payments in the admin panel: moment of purchase, last day of current month, exact day of month, or defined by customer. The module supports PayPal and Authorize.Net to schedule orders in advance.
The Subscriptions and Recurring Payments extension for Magento uses native business logic of payments methods and allows you to configure trial period and initial fee for each subscription period with its own prices and durations.
- Main payments methods support
The Subscriptions and Recurring Payments Magento extension supports the following payments methods:
Each website has its own subscription engine which is configured in main settings.
- Offer subscription products
Let customers switch over to subscribing for your product instead of making single purchases. Since version 2.x of the module, you can add subscription periods to products of simple, downloadable, configurable, or virtual type.
- Customizable subscription types (periods)
- Manage the look of subscription types. Specify the name of a subscription period and define the sequence of its displaying in the frontend. The title will be visible for both administrators and store visitors. It will be displayed as an option with a radio button on a subscription product page.
- Define website where the period will be available. Each subscription type can be applied to one website only.
- Set up the subscription period price.
- Select the minimal interval (unit) within a subscription period:
- Define the number of units in one subscription period.
For example, if you want to offer coffee delivery every third week, you should configure the following: minimal unit within a period – week; number of units in a period – 3.
- Infinite subscription type. The module allows customers to subscribe to any product once and receive the delivery forever. The payments will be created automatically. If you want to limit the duration of subscription period, you can specify the number of occurrences of the subscription type. When the subscription period finishes, a customer should subscribe to it again to get the delivery.
- Manage subscription start day
You can define when the payments will start for each subscription type. It can be:
- defined by customer
- moment of purchase
- last day of current month
- exact day of month
- Change customer group according to subscription
The Subscriptions and Recurring Payments extension for Magento allows you to move customers to a specific group upon subscribing.
- “Only subscription” option
With the help of the module, you can offer products that can’t be purchased as a one-off sale.
- View subscribers of the required period
As soon as a subscription type is created, a special tab appears in the backend where you can view all subscribers who belong to this period. If no one is subscribed to a subscription type, the section will be empty.
- Use native payment gateway’s business logic
- Trial period
You can adjust one trial period per each subscription type. Offer free trial subscription or define the price different from the ordinary subscription price (these amounts will be summarized at the shopping cart).
- Initial fee*
The module allows you to enable starting fee for any subscription.
- Recurring profiles statistics in the admin area
All the payments are processed on the gateway’s side. You can check the following data of the recurring profiles at payment gateway directly in the backend: customer name, date of payments, start date, profile status, etc. Recurring profile can be:
- Subscriptions in My Account
Customers can check the status and periodicity of their subscriptions, get updates, suspend or even cancel the subscription in their account area.
- Flush all recurring profiles
You can clear all the current subscription data with one simple click. The option is unrecoverable.
* For PayPal engine only
|PayPal Express Checkout
|PayPal Payments Pro (Express Checkout)
|PayPal Payflow Link (Express Checkout)
|PayPal Website Payments Pro (Express Checkout)
|PayPal Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution (Express Checkout)
Need more payment methods? Please leave a request here