- 15 Reviews
- Docs & Articles
An affiliate program is one of the most powerful ways to market your products online. With well-organized affiliate program, you can gain increased traffic and sales, generate qualified leads, extend your brand awareness, and get better search engine rankings.
The Magento Affiliate extension allows you to organize automated advertising campaigns that will help promote your products or services round the clock. With the Magento Affiliate module, you pay the affiliate based on conversion of sales. If a customer follows an affiliate link to your website and makes a purchase in accordance with the rules of your campaign, the affiliate is paid. You can pay him or her fixed percent rate, tier percent rate, fixed amount or tier amount.
So the charm of Magento Affiliate is that it allows you to build a team of sales reps which use their visitors and opt-in lists to advertise your products and services. You don’t have to pay them anything until they make a profit for you.
- Affiliate functionality
- Configurable campaigns:
- rule-based system for products selection
- adjustable date period
- allowed customer groups
- Adjustable per-campaign rates:
- fixed percent
- tier percent
- fixed amount
- tier amount
- Transactions-based system
- Convert customer to affiliate manually or automatically basing on group
- Ability to set minimum withdrawal amount and holding period
- Reports with visualization: Sales, Conversion, Traffic sources
- Ability to generate a report for any period of time
- All reports can be downloaded in CSV file
- Ability to exclude taxes while earning calculating
- Notifications sent to admin
- Ability to add commissions from backend
- Multistore support
Great for Offline and Online Affiliates
Very good, not flawless
ATM, everything is working as expected, the app is quite easy to use for both the admin and the end-customer.
Simple Yet Flexible Affiliate Program
The extension where I would send my affiliates for the promotional material so it doesn't matter to me that there are no options for offering banners, etc. with the affiliate links. I have that taken care of within my affiliate website. So for me this was the perfect affiliate extension.
1. Add some sort of affiliate banner generator to the extension, so people can integrate their individual tracking codes into clickable images. Blog owners don't typically understand how to do this manually
2. Withdraw limit. There is built in minimum but not maximum. I don't want to get a surprise withdraw request someday for $1000 or something. Need to be able to set maximum, and (optionally) send reminders automatically when threshold is met
Simple in use
Nice and smooth extension
Good but I'll have to customize it
Built up a powerful affiliate network
We set up this addon, created some promo materials and announced affiliate program
Money well spend. The guys have done a brilliant job!
Simple and good, but not yet complete
And they didn't disappoint me. This one works like a charm too. Installation and setup is a breeze.
Two remarks: the account page for the affiliate is somewhat confusing. The list of the available campaigns is the same as an ordinary article list. It is not completly clear that there are campaigns available instead of articles. One should have the option to put some describing text in the intro.
Another thing is something that doesn't affect every shop I think. I have a shop with a few customer groups. Each group is assigned to a couple of catalogue price rules which gives them discount on selected products. Because of the fact that campaigns are assigned to customergroups, the visitors coming from this affiliate get the same discount as the affiliate himself.
But I don't want that. I want to have another discount for visitors coming from an affiliate. So I have to make a different customergroup for affiliates with own price rules and put customers who can be an affiliate in two customergroups, one with there own discount and one with the discount for their visitors. This gives me more administration as I want.
But maybe this becomes a feature in a new release.
Overall: good extension you want to use!
Great module and fantastic support
I've tried a couple of Affiliate modules now and this one has been the best so far - the fact that it's open source has been very important as we've needed to customise it a little, but the code was well structured and easy to work with.
Promising but support has been poor
Hopefully Aheadworks can get there act together so I can give a more positive review.
Magento Editions Compatibility:
- Community: 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199
- Enterprise: 188.8.131.52 -184.108.40.206