- Community Edition
- 13 Reviews
- Docs & Articles
With the Gift Wrap extension for Magento, you can organize gift wrapping service at your website. Show a special “Gift wrap” label on required product pages according to created rules and let customers wrap their items in elegant gift papers, bags, or boxes.
Set up wrapper price, image, description and display wrappers in required sequence in the frontend. Customers can tick off the “Add gift wrap” box at checkout and the list of available wrappers appear. Moreover, the Gift Wrap Magento module provides your clients with an option of wrapping products individually or together.
People often buy gifts for friends, relatives, and loved ones on special occasions. That’s why the Gift Wrap extension for Magento allows your clients to add gift messages like “Best Wishes” or “Happy Birthday” before the delivery.
- Wrap gifts at checkout
- Gift wrapper label on the product page
- Products can be wrapped individually or grouped together
- Main product types support:
- Manage wrapper name, image, and description
- Set up price for every wrapper
- Specify the sequence of wrappers using drag-and-drop
- Let customers leave gift messages
- Exclude products for wrapping according to created conditions
- Customers can check the wrapper in My Orders
- Multi-store support
Integration with other aW extensions
Using the Gift Wrap extension together with the below aW products opens extra possibilities.
I love it
Recommended for especially for gift stores
Easy to use - working out of the box
Very nice and easy to use. Thank you so much. It looks so great in my design.
SO please state on your documentation aheadworks this option is NOT tax enabled - very dissapointed
However it works perfectly, and installed without an issue.
Recommended and great extension to add some much needed functionality to our store
Rough at the start but great support and product functions perfectly now
This is a great extension
Better than other gift wrap extensions
Good, but not quite all the way
Limitations and peculiarities*
*this behavior can be changed in the next version of the extension.
- When the option 'Wrap each product individually' is selected, the price will not be altered. The price of Gift Wrap will be the same, disregarding on the quantity of the items in the order.
- Customer can choose only single wrap type, which will be applied to whole items in order.
- Gift Wrap will be always refunded in case of full refund for order. In case of partial refund, the wrap will not be refunded.
- Taxes are not applied to Gift Wrap.
For us there were a couple issues we have to work around:
1) The price of gift wrap stays the same, regardless of the quantity or number of items. Our gift box fits one item, so if somebody orders 5 different things, we have to do 5 different gift boxes at the same flat cost. There should be a way to make it $X per applicable item. For now we will just eat any additional cost associated with this.
2) If you are checking out with a gift wrappable item and non-gift wrappable item, it will give the options for gift wrap, with no note or anything saying that not everything will be wrapped. We had to customize to add a note everywhere for the extension in order to tell the customer it's only applicable for items that had an icon saying gift wrap available.
Other than that, the extension installs very easily and was easy to modify and fit into our design. For the price, I wish these plugins allowed you to continue to get updates for more than just 90 days, but what can you do.
One more thing, compared to a similar plugin out there, this one had the ability to turn on and off gift messages, which we did not want...so it was an important factor.
Perhaps with future updates, my review can be improved.
Excellent module and support
Works exactly as advertised! Thanks so much!
- New Coupon Code Generator: Magento Coupons in a Few Clicks
- Ecommerce Solutions for B2B
- Design of Magento Stores
- Magento 2 Extensions: Our View
- aheadWorks on Shopify
- Meet Magento Vietnam 2015: Responsible Contribution to the Community
- Digital Marketing Focus Points 2015
- Magento 2 Demo
- Magento Future Development (Educated Guess)
- MagentoLive UK 2015: Presentations Overview
Magento Editions Compatibility:
- Community: 188.8.131.52 - 184.108.40.206