Follow Up Email
- Community Edition
- Enterprise Edition
- 95 Reviews
- Docs & Articles
Over the last years, email marketing has become one of the fastest growing trends in customer acquisition. It is not surprising, since follow up email is a simple and convenient means of communication between merchants and customers, which allows to make right offers in time.
The Follow Up Email extension is a perfect solution that provides comprehensive functionality to create highly targeted custom emails to fit your business needs. The extension allows web-store owners to easily create custom email templates with both static and dynamic information, as well as set up rules when they should be sent.
|Goals to Achieve||Follow Up Email Solution|
Boost revenue and increase the number of returned customers
Send notifications to your store visitors who abandoned their shopping carts, start second order e-mail campaigns, create your personal e-mail schedule to work out the best email marketing strategy.
Convert abandoned carts into sales
Let your customers restore their carts or resume their session with just one click on the link sent in the email notification
Motivate customer for further purchases
Create appealing content-rich emails - offer coupons codes, add customer related details, discounts, offers and products.
Enhance customer relationship and build customer loyalty
Greet your customers on their birthdays, send targeted promotions, offer coupon codes, ask your client’s opinion on the product bought.
Create exclusive email content
Configure the follow up email design and content in accordance with your marketing goals.
- Use pre-defined templates (native Magento and Follow Up Email) or create your own ones
- Add Magento and Follow Up Email variables
- Insert up-sells, cross-sells and related products
- Customize order/cart/wish list products view inserted in email: add pictures, prices, links to product pages and other information.
- Let your customers restore their carts with just one click on the link sent in the email notification
- Allow customers to resume session right from the email
- Let your customers unsubsribe from all follow up emails at once (NEW!)
- Offer coupon codes
Increase relevance through segmentation
Make sure that your customers receive relevant information - separate your email audience into smaller groups based on their customer/order status, actions and other attributes.
The Follow Up Email extension now offers three predefined sample rules that proved to work - abandoned cart, review request and customer birthday (NEW!)
Of course, you can set up your own rules for sending targeted emails based on the best matching conditions:
New customer signup, new customer subscription, customer logged in, customer last activity, customer came back by link sent, customer group, customer group changed, customer submitted a review (NEW!), customer birthday, customer newsletter subscription, customers unsubscription
Order obtained X status, customer placed a new order
- Shopping cart
New abandoned cart appeared, sale amount
Product was added to wishlist, wishlist shared
SKU, type, category
- Store view
Send notifications to store administrator only to be in the know of business flow.
Manage the efficiency
Measure the effectiveness of follow ups sent with data on click-throughs, shopping cart restorations and conversions.
- Specify Google Analytics tracking code for abandoned carts
- Track customers who placed orders by clicking on the emailed link
- Track links with abandoned cart recovery statistics
- Track coupons
Manage follow ups on-the-fly
Manage follow ups massively or apply the required action to a particular email - preview, cancel or send it manually.
- Sort and filter follow up emails by status, schedule, event, etc.
- Perform mass actions to a bulk of FUE emails - cancel, send now or delete
- Preview, send, cancel or delete emails manually right from the grid
In-depth segmentation With Follow Up Email extension you decide who gets what kind of message based on the actions they perform, but it might be a good idea to add customer profiles to the mix. Use customer groups created with the help of our Market Segmentation Suite as an additional filter for targeting your audience.
Automated product selection The good thing about follow-up emails is that it’s a much more personal type of marketing. The bad thing is that crafting personal offers requires certain extra effort. Luckily, with the help of Who Bought This Also Bought and Automated Related Products extensions you won’t have to spend time figuring out which products to suggest to your recent shoppers.
Permission marketing Receiving ads through follow-up emails is certainly annoying to some of your customers and might lead to erosion of your subscription base. In case you want to avoid that, use our Advanced Newsletter extension to ask shoppers what kind of information they are interested in, if any, and apply this data when segmenting your audience for follow-up emails.
*SaleCycle, a remarketing company
**RetailMeNot, a marketplace platform
***BIA/Kelsey, a research and advisory company
Integration with other aW extensions
Using the Follow Up Email extension together with the below aW products opens extra possibilities.
Solid and stable extension, good support, lags some features
As it provides some nice features like customer auto-login (only supports abandoned carts), a flexible way of templating mails (with control structures) and chosing which kind of product-related products (cross-sell, related or upsell) to use, it lags some others like auto-login for reviews as well or a more flexible way for rules by re-using Magento's rule-system... for example if a user already gave a review for a product you don't need to bother him, if he reorders the same one. This could be done by other events, but why not using Magento's powerful rule-mechanism? This would also work nice with rules on the shopping cart instead of only using SKU or sale amount.
Anyway, I had some correspondence with the support, which is willing to help.
Don't get me wrong - all in all I would buy this extension again and maybe I choose another one from Aheadworks, since the solid code and having no real problems speaks for their way handling things.
We are using it for:
- Review requests (w/o coupon)
- Please come back (w/ coupon)
Some of the rules events and cancellation events are a bit tricky to get to work properly, but otherwise it works great. I mostly use it for product reviews anyway, and those rules are solid.
I'd recommend this for every Magento store owner.
Easy install and Use
I still need HTML email template if you can do for us
GREAT WORK! 768 abandoned carts changed into 83 (11%) return visitors that led to sales with 16,8% conversion
1. Are you happy after 20 days + can we help
2. Please rate our products + store after 30 days
3. Abandoned carts (please come back) - without a coupon!
4. Please come back after 365 no sales
768 FUE emails sent of the type abandoned carts + please come back emails resulted in ==>
83 return visits (11%) to our site ==>
and this led to 14 transactions with 16,8% conversion rate
This traffic type (FUE) is now in our top three converting sources report
And for some improvement in next version (please send to development):
1) would be nice if these statistics (above) come out of the extension; so we could test case and improve even further. And I really want the insight. So: more statistics! (like advanced reports)
2) Suppose we schedule a message 1 year ahead. There is now no way to change that email within the time-frame of being scheduled and being sent. And this ofcourse is necessary happen when we change style or other
3) Please show us release notes of versions + a roadmap idea of where you are going
Works as designed
Fantastique ... comme d'habitude chez AheadWorks
Comme à chaque fois avec AheadWorks, je suis comblé par l'efficacité de ce module. Il permet entre autres d'envoyer des emails personnalisés en fonction d'un changement de statut de la commande. Pour ma part, j'utilise une dizaine de statuts "custom" en fonction des événements après-vente notamment. J'ai trouvé là mon bonheur.
J'ai passé une bonne partie de l'après midi dans la config et ça m'a ouvert pas mal de perspectives. La principale concerne les emails de relance suite à l'abandon de panier. La config est "complexivement" simple :). J'entends par là : énormément de possibilités chacune très simple à mettre en oeuvre. Ajout de coupons générés automatiquement pour inciter l'acheteur à revenir, insertion de produits upsell cross et related au sein même de l'émail de relance, tracking de clic ...
Little message to developpers : we can find <nobr> tags in email templates :( Depreciated. --> nowrap is better
Sinon, je recommande vivement cette extension
This is one of the most useful extensions I bought!
More trust for shoppers
Very nice job again !
good follow up extension
good support also.
earns money for itself
Nice but this one can improve more
Get it now!
the most app
This module makes us money by saving us labor costs
5 stars !
Really useful extension
Feature Suggestion: Would be nice to also use for one off emails to a list of orders. From admin>sales>orders select the orders you manually need to send an update to.
Was not sure this would be worthwhile but was happily wrong
A great way to maximize business
Good Extension - Money Maker
One of the best investments
Good features and support
The features of the module are good, though some minor features are missing; but I hope that future updates will include those.
Very Useful Module
This is very cost effective way of sending all the abandoned cart emails to the customers.
This is the one of the beautiful product from aheadworks and top in my favorite list
Pays for itself in no time..
Some problems but nothing to worry about
The extension get better from update to update and in case there is a problem with the extension, the team of AheadWorks will help and make it run. Nice work!
Great Product, already paid for over and over
Superb Functionality and Implementation
Great Return on Investment
Great service as always and the live chat team even went out of their way to fix a problem with a discount not working in their cart when we purchased the extension.
Not the first nor the last time we use AheadWorks!
Really advanced plugin
I'm configuring the plugin as we speek and it realy works great!
One thing I'm missing and what would be a great thing to have; I would like to remind my customers to transfer the grand total of the order to us, but I would like to send the reminder for orders placed on monday's earlyer then for orders placed on friday's because we don't check our bank account in the weekends.
And it would be cool if I can filter orders on the payment method that was used.
Just some inspiration for the great programmer that build this plugin!
More then abandoned cart extension
Easy to install
Thank you for this extension
What date field did you change to get this to work? I'd like to do this as well, but can't seem to find the date field that needs to be changed.
I do wish there were an option to send an e-mail to a customer after placing a review with a coupon code.
Great extension towards marketing automation
This extension is one that meets marketing standards for XXI. cent.
Its benefit is to automate some things that require employee support.
I hope guys from Aheadworks will go towards full marketing automation systems like Marketo, Netsuite, Hubspot, Salesmanago.
and I suggest adding tracking code - that will be triggered rules if user spends for example 30 minutes on product pages from category X. Or will look twice for certain product details page. This can revolutionize Magento marketing. and the Follow up Email is ahead right way.
It really healps you to build a lasting relationship with your customers and automate your salesforce.
Follow Up Email - results
We also want to sometimes resend an adapted email, but for some reason it will only try to send the original one. Nevertheless, this add-on has paid for itself more than 100 times!
Prices, description quantity in emails
Very powerfull one... missing few things
With this, you can really make automatic interaction with your customers. They can be reminded about you, called for an action etc.. Really really useful.
Especially if you have MSS within it. Google analytics is another great feature! I dont think there is any similar product on the market.
However, there are some missing part.
1. IMPORTANT: there is not an option to only send some email ONCE or X times. Without this, customer is receiving the 'reminder for a review' email every now and then - till he actually click on the link in email, or login or something which is from predefined cancel event. But if customer IGNORES you - you actually behave yourself as a bully. Very aggressive for customer to get a bunch of the same emails...
2. Documentation and examples can be really improved. Missing some standard examples and for the advanced users there is hard to get into it. Once you get into it is easier.
3. missing prices and short description in the variables in emails. Dont know why FUE did not just made an framework to get almost ALL attributes by their code. Magento has it all - each attribute has code, type and value. That framework should have been incorporated in FUE not that if somebody ask for a simple PRICE to be in email - he need to pay for modifications...
Another great product by Aheadworks
I struggled to make payment for this program, as I encountered payment errors. Their live chat officer was so patient and assisted me till I purchased it with 3 rounds of failed orders.
With professional installation, it was done within 2 hours of my purchase. I needed a bit more help, and the service desk provided recommendations on how to improve things. Not only they adviced, they rendered free assistance to configure it for me!
My team is now using this very powerful feature. Follow up not only helps you recover customers for abandoned carts, but also pending and cancelled payments, alerting new customers to start shopping and even allowing me to email completed orders and provide a survey link.
I am truly very happy with both Helpdesk Ultimate and Follow up email, which my team has been singing praises of it. And I am assured in the next 90 days that Aheadworks are by my side to ensure the product moves just right for my company.
Thanks Aheadworks. I really appreciate your care and assurance. Now, on to the next extension to purchase...
really great extensions
Great, a MUST have Extension !
It is a powerfull tool that gives you the freedom to do - almost - everything you can immagine with your email.
Remarkable is also the support from all the AheadWorks team. Many compliment.
If you have Magento store FUE is a must!
Follow Up email
Next extension to be aquired
Excellent some rules missing
if it could be the possibility to add new rules as first order mail, or other marketing rules or rewards programs, it could be an amazing one.
I've really recommend it
Another excellent extension by AW
Of course, we also use this extension to recover abandoned carts, to say "happy birthday" to ours customers, to ask our customers for a testimonial... It is great!!
Free Upgrade Brilliant ! Can't wait to use Google Analytics to track everything !
Valuable Extension but Documentation Could be Better
The one downside to this extension is the documentation. Particularly covering the more powerful aspects - looping through a customer's data and pulling objects and variables for creating dynamic emails - the documentation is severely lacking. In fact, even one of the example in the documentation produces an error that needs to be fixed. But with a little work and investigation, you can figure it out and aheadWorks is good with support, so this isn't a deal-breaker. However, improved documentation for the more advanced features would be great.
Overall, worth the price! Just get that documentation improved AW... ;-)
A valuable tool
Very Handy Promotional Tool
And when it didnt work, Alex did a great job with the fixing.
We have used it in our multistore enviroment to automate follow up for abandoned carts, cancelled orders, review request emails. Considering strongly to also buy the segmentation module for more flexbility in sending promo codes
like this extension and recommend to everyone in Magento
Very Complex Module
The best one
A SUPER MUST HAVE..
yes of course as sellers we should follow up.
but there is a human limit and they forget to understand the fact that we are at times, handling over 1000 different customers from various countries (various timezones). and to follow up each and every single one of them is merely impossible. as such, follow up email is the answer to this problem. Every response / angry response can be tackled in an automated way. this will reduce the emails and will increase productivity.
A must have extension with great support!
It works great except that the cancellation is slightly confusing ( I think, it will be better if they can offer detailed manual for cancellation)
Support is awesome!
Another Brilliant Extension...
I bought this extenion to setup review reminders for customers who had purchased products, and so far so good it seems to do the job, plus a whole lot more.
Well done guys, keep it up.
Followup by exellent support
Good service, very useful module
Good, but needs a couple more events to function well
Newsletter or date event
Also, some extension to the cancellation events needs to be done - perhaps some of this is handled by MSS?
While yes, if you connect this to mailchimp, you can get the extra functionality, but isn't a great part of the reason of buying this extension so we don't have to use mailchimp (or other paid services)?
I would like to see the following two events added:
- Newsletter signup (I'm unsure why this is already not included)
- Start date (for campaign/email chain)
I use it for these functions:
1. 3 days after a customer signs up, they receive an email telling them about ways to save money on our site, including using the Refer a Friend / Affiliate program (also from AheadWorks).
2. 2 days after a a customer abandons a cart, they receive an email reminding them of their abandoned cart and asking them to come back and complete the order.
3. 13 days after an order is shipped (reaches "Complete" status), a customer receives an email (a) providing them with a discount coupon that can be used on their next purchase and (b) asking them to give a review of the products they purchased. [The extension allows us to choose to include / exclude different customer groups. We do send this email to our frequent buyers, because it means they would receive several requests for reviews every day.]
4. If a customer has no activity on our site for 15 days, they receive an email asking them to come back and check out our new products.
The rules are variations of (1) some amount of time (2) after some event happens (3) the website sends an email. You could even make it send an email 3 months after a customer has signed up to celebrate your 3 month "anniversary" together!
Think about: how long it would take a human to do all of the work above? These are all tasks that the website can/should do for you, so you have more time to do more valuable work.
Difficult to use other than for very simple emails
Great Service - Great Module
Great product and great company
NEW VERSION is great
Missing Some Features
AW team: This feature will be released in Follow Up Email 3.0 (release next week)
brilliant but missing some events
Knowledge Base Articles
- Follow Up Email 3.6 – More Rules, More Freedom
- Advanced Targeting of Custom Emails with the Help of Market Segmentation Suite
- Top 10 aheadWorks Bestselling Extensions of 2013
- Useful Solutions to Prevent Cart Abandonment
- Top-10 aheadWorks Extensions of 2012
- Follow Up Email 3.5 Knocks on Your Door! Support of Up-sells, Cross-sells and Related Products Is Provided
- Follow Up Email 3.5 Will Support Up-sells, Cross-sells and Related Products
- Welcome updated User Guide for the Follow Up Email module!
- Some real-life experience with Follow Up Email
- Divide and conquer with the newest versions of our Magento extensions
Magento Editions Compatibility:
- Community: 18.104.22.168 - 22.214.171.124
- Enterprise: 126.96.36.199 -188.8.131.52